The ASSCT will again be using a Dropbox system to collect and manage the PowerPoint slides that are to be used in presentations.
In addition to the PowerPoint Slides, authors should also submit a brief introductory paragraph, either as a text file or as a word document that can be used by the session chair to introduce their presentation.
The authors of posters are encouraged to add their poster to the Dropbox folder. The ASSCT will then make these posters available to members from its web site.
A number of different presentation formats will be used at this year's conference. Presenter's should check the draft program available on the ASSCT website to determine the time allocated for their presentation.
The ASSCT system uses a folder system within Dropbox where each corresponding author can share a single folder with the ASSCT. This shared folder contains one or more sub‐folders with each sub‐folder to contain the materials for a presentation. The names of the sub folders match the codes assigned to your paper by the Editor.
This system provides a secure and convenient way for the authors to save and edit their presentations. The ASSCT Dropbox system:
- Ensures that access to the presentations is limited to the corresponding author and the ASSCT.
- The author has unrestricted access to the presentations and can modify them as required.
- Dropbox synchronizes the presentations in the author's folder with the ASSCT folder, so that the most recent version of the presentation will be available when the paper is presented.
- Dropbox maintains a record of the versions created over a 30 day period so that the author can, if necessary, recover a previous version of a presentation.
- Dropbox allows your presentations to be accessed either from your computer or from a mobile device.
If you are not an existing Dropbox user, you can create an account from www.dropbox.com. The basic (free) account provides all of the features you will need to use the ASSCT system.
Dr Arthur Pinkney,
ASSCT, Honorary General Secretary