30/04/2020 NEW ASSCT CONFERENCE DATES
The Members of the ASSCT executive are happy to announce the new dates for the 2020 Conference.
The new dates are Tuesday 20 April to Friday 23 April 2021 and will be held at the same venue, Bundaberg Multiplex Sports & Convention Centre, Bundaberg.
All of the work that has already been done in planning for the ASSCT Conference will be transferred to 2021, including the exhibition, sponsorship, registered delegates, peer reviewed papers and posters which will automatically be rolled over until then.
We thank you for your patience and apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Wishing you all the best through these difficult times.
Honorary General Secretary
ASSCT PO Box 5596
MACKAY MC QLD 4741
2020 ASSCT CONFERENCE
• Welcome Cocktail Function (Tues) at Bundaberg Multiplex Sports & Convention Centre, - $60.
• Conference Dinner (Thur) at the, Bundaberg Multiplex Sports & Convention Centre, - $100.
The ASSCT Committee wishes to advise that by attending the Conference/Exhibition/Sugar Tuesday you may be photographed by a member of the Committee or contracted photographer for publicity or promotional purposes. The ASSCT Committee retains all property in all images it produces.
The 42nd ASSCT conference will be held in Bundaberg April 2020 at the Multiplex Convention Centre - providing a valuable industry technology forum. In 2020, Sugar Tuesday will be staged on Tuesday 21st April with demonstration of new technologies, informal discussions around technology application and practical modifications to farm machinery and an interactive panel session with the leaders who are taking our industry to new and exciting future directions. This information day exploits the opportunity provided by the gathering of leading technologists from around the country - and promises to provide an even better value proposition for those attending the conference. The ASSCT conference will remain the pinnacle of the week. It is hoped that Sugar Week will continue to develop, providing greater opportunity for industry technologists and industry personnel in general to interact in areas not directly related to the reporting of research results.
Members of the ASSCT executive regret to inform you that the upcoming 2020 ASSCT Conference, has been postponed for 12 months due to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). The conference was being held in Bundaberg from 21-24 April. It was a difficult decision to make but one which we had weighed carefully.
The results are as follows.
a. The conference will be held in Bundaberg in 2021 with Mackay in 2022.
b. All impacted parties who have paid deposits will be asked to hold these over for 12 months. This will assist in minimising secretarial support workloads.
c. All 2020 papers can be delivered in 2021 along with any new papers in 2021. The 2021 conference may be longer in duration as a result.
d. 2020 papers will be put on the web and a memory stick sent by mail.
e. No abstracts will be printed this year.
f. We will consider having a technical webinar if there is enough interest from both people delivering and receiving the papers.
We hope that you will keep a look out for future messages from the ASSCT team and look forward to seeing you for a bigger, better 2021 ASSCT Conference next year.
Lastly, we thank you for the support you have given us. We apologise for any inconvenience the postponement may have caused you and wish you all the best of health.
Honorary General Secretary
PO Box 5596
MACKAY MC QLD 4741
COVID-19 UPDATE 12th March 2020
Members of the ASSCT executive have been monitoring the spread and impacts of the covid19 virus very closely. A health and wellbeing protocol has been implemented in response as part of our due diligence. The ongoing spread of the virus has made the executive consider seriously what implications it has for the staging of the conference. Of particular concern is how prevalent the virus will be at the time of the conference. This has been a very difficult decision, and has not been taken lightly. Given the acceleration of infection seen in other countries around the world, the executive undertook a vote on Monday 10th March to decide if the conference should be postponed by 12 months. The results and implications are as follows.
- The executive voted on 11/03/2020 to postpone the 2020 Bundaberg conference for 12 months due to concerns about the potential extent of the covid19 virus at the time of the conference. This means the conference would be held in Bundaberg in 2021 with Mackay in 2022.
- The decision will not be acted on until 16th March 2020 whilst more information is sought on the matter in case there are other compelling (as yet unknown) reasons found to reverse this decision. After 16th March, venue cancellation costs rise considerably. On 16th March a final communication will be issued on this outcome.
- In the interim, registrations and travel arrangements for the conference should be suspended.
- All impacted parties who have paid deposits will be asked to hold these over for 12 months. This will assist in minimising secretarial support workloads
- All 2020 papers can be delivered in 2021 along with any new papers in 2021. The 2021 conference may be longer in duration as a result.
- 2020 papers will be put on the web and a memory stick sent by mail.
- No abstracts will be printed this year.
- We will consider having a technical webinar if there is enough interest from both people delivering and receiving the papers. Interest in this idea is sought.
- If the conference does for some as yet unknown reason go ahead this year,
i. All overseas travellers may be required to undergo 14 days of self isolation in Australia first.
ii. All participants may be subject to screening at registration and throughout the conference as part of due diligence against spreading the infection.
iii. The early bird discount will be extended accordingly.
Your understanding on this matter is appreciated
The ASSCT and its executive have considered the potential ramifications of the recent outbreak of a new coronavirus (COVID-19) and have developed this protocol.Download Hygiene and Well Being Protocol
All visitors to Australia must have a valid visa before boarding their plane regardless of the length of stay. You are urged to apply for a visa not less than 6-8 weeks prior to travel. More information is available here.
ASSCT POLICY ON DISCRIMINATION AND SEXUAL HARASSMENT
The ASSCT has a commitment to create an environment which is free from discrimination and harassment and where all members of staff and conference attendees are treated with dignity, courtesy and respect. A copy of the ASSCT Policy on discrimination and sexual harassment can be found here.